PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas cancels Adelaide-Singapore flights
Old 7th Feb 2013, 16:08
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember a certain aviation blogger a while back singing the praises of Emirates and Dubai, but now Emirates has linked with Qantas it appears to be a different tune. Whilst I respect an individuals point of view, I believe some individuals and bloggers abhorrent dissatisfaction with the current going ons with Qantas management are distorting their views on some basic facts
and

by Dragon man, And halving Perth/Singapore, dropping 3 Sydney/Hongkongs a week plus Frankfurt which is about another 80 surplus 747 pilots. Shrink the business to become profitable.
hmm, I think I may know which blogger you are referring to, I think DM answers well (above) why that blogger has changed his tune regarding the QF/EK tie up.. it's about Aussie pilots jobs, and if we all just step back for a minute and think about it, and because this is one of the many cut and slash "Qantas" downsizing thread announcements, says to me, "Houston we have a problem."

Dragon Man's quote troubles me, (above) I know how hard all of those 80 744 guys n girls have worked to be, though no fault of their own, finding themselves in this position. (2nd PA to "Houston" this is a problem...)

at the end of the day, this is a pilot forum, I support all of you, in all camps, sort of old fashioned I guess, but all LH pilots "earn their gig" as do the domestic guys n girls, but they're both different beasts, enter the latest batch of business mercenary management "accountant types" who are good convincing calculators the - is really a plus + ...

by OB What i'm finding amusing about all this is that prior to this Qantas agreement there was already millions of Australians transiting the middle east each year and no one said a word. Now that this code share with Emirates is taking place it's all about these poor Australians having to travel through the big bad middle east and not having a stop over in Asia, So what gives?
I agree, the runs are on the board, .... What bothers me in this clip is when Sheldon says Dubai was unstable (sic) well over the top in my opinion, and it was on national TV..

Really poor diplomacy and not helpful, to anyone.... on the other hand,

I feel for the people back in Adelaide.... the uncertainty of it all.