PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - M1 Visa or no Visa and SEVIS approved schools in the USA
Old 7th Feb 2013, 14:45
nsainesa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good day all,

Many thanks for the thread. It is very informative. Thank you.
I have a little bit of a different situation which I am trying to seek clarity on, please.

I am currently on a F-1 visa with a school working towards my HCPL. I have 20 hours (or so) until 100 hours PIC, when I can apply for the CPL Check Ride (as long as my CFI signs me off). For several reasons and matters of circumstance, I cannot complete my training with my current school and am planning on changing to a different school on a M-1 visa. I have been on the F-1 visa for longer than 6 months, so have been informed that my current school (F-1) that they cannot transfer my SEVIS to the new school (M-1). I have applied for a Change of Status through the Form I-539, but I am not sure this will be approved in time.

My current school has said they will cancel my visa and SEVIS, which means I will need to leave the US and apply for a M-1 visa in my home country. However, I have been told by the new school that I can go to Nassau, Bahamas and re-enter the US on the I-20 which they have already raised for me and there is no need to apply for the M-1 visa. Is this correct?

What about SEVIS? Do I need to reapply? Will it be the same with the TSA?

I have completed my FAA PPL/IR since being in the US. I am only wanting to finish up my CPL before returning to my home country. I am on a UK passport.

I have scheduled an appointment with an Immigration Officer at the USCIS office, but after reading this thread, I have seen that they are not always known to provide incorrect information. I am just trying to line my ducks in a row and am wanting to finish my training in the correct legal manner. I do not want to cause any issues with the respective authorities.

Any information or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.