PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where should Avalon Airshow go?
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2013, 13:54
Alec1912

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Always been a big supporter of Avalon. Been to every one since i was 5. I'd hate to jump on the 'criticize at all costs' bandwagon but I fear I have to after the release of the provisional flying display. As a genuine aviation enthusiast I love warbirds, jets, airliners the lot. I do commend the organizers for getting that Raptor display we've always wanted and I realize that jet alone could quite possibly bring record crowds to the event. I'm also realistic about how hard it is to bring out foreign militaries and their hardware (Migs, Sukhois, etc etc). However I just look at that program and think...I don't even know. The absence of the Southern Knights, the Spartan, a classic hornet display, a B-1, the entire Judy Pay collection (correct me if I'm wrong) and a modern airliner is frustrating. It just looks bare. I cant say I'm not immensely looking forward to the F-22 and the return of the Caribou but there's definitely something missing from Avalon this year. Someone's gotta bring back that Dump n Burn we all loved. Maybe it is time for Avalon to move on