PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Warbirds
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2013, 04:09
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
T28D it's called "abrogating responsibility" in other words, the board are saying " it's nothing to do with us" make up your own mind.

Sorry board, it's your job to convey the news to members, then carry the members views to casa and argue them.

.otherwise you are just a mouthpiece for casa like the union rep who represented me at Ansett.....right up until he joined Ansett hr.

That attitude could be summarized as:

"well we,don't have any problems with the new regs, if you do, well, that is your problem, not ours, you deal with it, don't expect us to lift a finger".

I am reminded of the late Don Dunstan who decided as tourism commissioner for Victoria that he knew more about the subject than the board he reported to and they abrogated their powers to him. There were Two copies of the consultants report that detailed the debacle that followed. The Premier, John Cain, told Donny that he hadn't read it and wouldn't need to if Don resigned. Donny fell on his sword, citing "personal reasons". The Two copies were destroyed. I proof read and contributed to that report. I wish I'd kept a copy it was a hot document for a while.

To put that another way, it is very unwise for a Board to deny that it has carriage of governance and policy, even more unwise to try to delegate what can't be delegated.

To put that yet another way, you are Directors, so start Directing. you cannot delegate.
If there is some obstacle, then remove it.

Last edited by Sunfish; 7th Feb 2013 at 04:13.