PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to obtain my Professional Licence…?
Old 7th Feb 2003, 21:41
tanz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to obtain my Professional Licence…?

I am keen to pursue a career in aviation and would be very grateful for any advice. My ambition is to achieve the level of CPL/IR with MCC training to frozen ATPL level through a JAA accredited FTO offering an integrated ATP course (and possibly FI training to gain experience). I have been looking into flight schools in North America due to the potential cost savings and training continuity because of the improved weather, and because I am able to dedicate 1-2 years full time in achieving my goal. Most of the FTO’s I have found appear to be located in Florida, and although I would consider a suitable school in any part of the U.S., can anyone provide me with information relating to the credibility of organisations such as Comair, European Flight Training, International Flight Training Academy, Naples Air Center, Orlando Flight Training, Ormond Beach Aviation and RexAir before deciding where to place my hard earned cash?

Finally, I am 31 years of age. Considering that I am unlikely to be adequately qualified before the age of 33/34, would this be held against me when looking for suitable employment?