PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 vs B737
Thread: A320 vs B737
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2013, 00:36
CanadianAirbusPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A320 vs B737

Hi Everyone,

The company I am flying for is going to eventually replace their narrowbody fleet with either the 320NEO or 737Max.. I am an Airbus guy who loves the Airbus philosophy but am really curious about what the 737 has to offer from a pilots prospective rather than a bean counter's. While I am really interested to hear from guys and gals who have flown both all input is welcome!

Some questions I do have about the 737...

Does it have an "ICAS" that is equal to that of the ECAM you find in the bus? How well integrated is it?

While the flight deck looks small is there actually a decent amount of room for the pilots (I am 6'5")? Is there room in the flight deck for both your suitcase and a large overnight bag? I assume your flight bag sits beside you like in the bus...

How does she fly? I know the philosophy is so different between the two that it's hard to compare but does she fly pretty good with all the "magic" turned off? Easy plane to make good landings and impress the ladies?

And for light reading?

Do you spill your coffee as you pick it up past the yoke? Also is the yoke annoying on 5-6 hour legs?

With the yoke in the way is it easy to put your feet up (are their foot holders like the bus)?

Anyhow I just got in from a pairing and am siting at home without the miss so I figured I'd look into my questions... Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Cheers