PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2013, 17:59
Mlinnie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FR Takeover

Can I just ask what positives would come out of this if FR took over EI for the public...absolutely none.
It's a complete mess, all O'Leary wants is to get rid of the only airline that can successfully compete with FR head to head. Dominate Irish aviation and get a hold of those all important long haul routes.
Oh but BE will be competing with FR ? Flybe, the airline in huge financial troubles and with hardly any brand recognition on the republic ? Should do well... Oh and BA will acquire the Ireland-LHR routes, I wonder how long that will last...
This isn't like BA taking over BMI, I think we sort of seen that coming, BMI were a loss making airline, however Aer Lingus are profitable and are growing, constantly growing. This year we'll probably see a huge increase on Transatlantic EI flights, EIR will expand also.
Why get rid of Aer Lingus ? With them all important LHR slots and AMS slots which are vital for BHD, ORK, SNN and DUB. If this takeover bid doesn't go ahead, look how far EI can expand. A350s for long haul routes and possibly to Asia. A321 Neos at Shannon, Cork and Belfast to expand transatlantic wise whilst making a profit.
I don't care what people say, Aer Lingus are Ireland's National Carrier, Ireland's airline, one of the oldest out there with a long and interesting history. So why get rid of it ?
Just look at the collapse of Malev... FR were in Budapest like a shot with big expansion plans and look what's happened now...
If this takeover bid gets the go ahead I will literally loose faith in humanity

Last edited by Mlinnie; 6th Feb 2013 at 18:04.