PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea heli ditching: Oct 2012
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2013, 17:33
cyclic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EC225s are being contractually terminated. That means no more payments to operators. They will hurt as there is no provision in the sales contracts for any compensation from EC. 3 aircraft were terminated with effect from last Sunday at midnight by one client. That client is moving to S-92s.....whatever the colour.
and by driving the helicopter operators into the ground they will have achieved what? You seem to portray a very limited knowledge of business in that customers are your lifeblood but you also have to look after your suppliers at the same time - without them you have nothing. Maybe some companies are cancelling contracts, I really don't know, but I would think there is a lot of discussion going on to keep the wheels of industry turning.

I may have misinterpreted your tone, but you seem to think this is a somewhat clever move by the client involved? There has always been a lack of investment in the most critical part of oil and gas (getting the workforce to work and back) and it is now that this should be sorted so that a similar situation cannot occur again, not more crazy reductions in service forced by short sighted financial punishment of service providers. The aviation costs are such a miniscule part of the overall oil and gas budget and it is time that money is spent. No oil, no tax, no recovery - simples.