PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR before CPL?
Thread: IR before CPL?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2013, 17:11
GAZ45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IR before CPL?

Hi all.

I am approaching 150 TT (PPL). Will shortly be commencing ATPL exams distance learning.

My current goal is to get a single engine CPL, followed by a single engine IR, eventually with intention of progressing to a flight instructor rating.

Forgive some of my lack of knowledge but can someone fill me in on the following;

The SE CPL takes 25 hours (with potential for extra few hours training prior to skills test I understand).
This would take me to 175TT, but I need 200TT for CPL license issue(?) Do I need to hour build that 25 hour gap to get my CPL issued?

It occurred to me recently that it might be a good idea to do the IR before I do the CPL? This would mean I wouldn’t have to hour build that 25 hour difference for CPL issue, is that right? I understand IR is one hell of a jump from PPL level, but I met a guy not so long ago who said he did it that way and ended up finding his CPL a doddle in comparison.

Some guidance would be great! As appreciate there may be some inaccuracies above. Cheers.