PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 787 Batteries and Chargers - Part 1
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2013, 16:06
USMCProbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first 400 opinions were pretty good. Everybody added in a little knowledge, and asked a few questions. I learned a lot. It was the best thread on PPRune I ever read.

But I fly airliners, and in the grand scheme of things, this is minor, and no one got hurt. The system worked.

If you compare the BTU heat storage of these batteries, with the BTU storage of the fuel in the wings, and the airborne fire coursing through the bleed air systems of all other aircraft, this is really minor.

And the system worked. All of it. No one was hurt. They will come up with an interrim fix and probably an MEL procedure for the mechanics and flight crew. In a year, they will have the problem solved, and aircraft retrofitted with a permanent fix. The MEL will then be rescinded.

There are some really bright contributers to this thread. Anybody, like me, that read it, all learned something. In my case, I learned a lot.

I am concerned that Boeing overstepped in their outsourcing. But I am sure they figured that out as well. More than likely, they outsourced so much, they didn't have the in-house ability to troubleshoot the problem. They learned that as well.