PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Improving Direct Operating Cost (DOC) help please
Old 6th Feb 2013, 13:35
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I disagree.

If you were to take a selection of the technically-feasible mods that have been mooted here and, after a careful cost/benefit analysis, conclude that none of them generated a positive net value over a reasonable period, then that would (or should) satisfy the aims of your assignment.

If, on the other hand, you are expected to come up with cost-effective mods that would pay back the non-recurring cost with DOC savings, and that no F-27 operator in the last 55 years has though of, then you should be seriously considering changing your tutor or educational institution.
In the last year, in the last semester of my degree changing tutors or institutions? I don't see it, sorry.

I am not trying to justify stupid modifications through BSing. I am looking at realistic ways of doing it. Given the fact that we have so many unknown variables, I can get away with justifying modifications that might in real life be impossible. But don't assume I am not taking it seriously. I'm sure there are things we can do and perhaps things which have not been done by F27 operators as 90% of F27s are no longer in service.