PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For those being deployed
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2003, 19:03
SASless

Received 525 Likes on 220 Posts
Gadget,

It is one thing to have personal doubts about having to beard the Dragon....we have all had that to deal with when confronted with the prospects of our mortality when engaging in battle with an armed, aggressive, and capable enemy. That is natural. I understand that. Anyone who doesn't have those fears and concerns are very rare and someone who I wish to be well away from when the shooting starts. Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the ability to control those fears and perform your duty when called upon.

I will never question the motive of an individual who voices those very real fears....but I do question a military officer who slanders his superiors and questions their motives, integrity, and vision in times of national crisis. If you wear the uniform and thus accept the obligations that come with the commission, then you should keep counsel of your political concerns and remain silent and lead your troops. Otherwise, you should resign from the military service and exercise your rights under the freedoms provided by other brave men and women who wear the uniform and serve their fellow countrymen in an honorable way.