PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2013, 07:43
mstrveo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and have been reading up.

I applied for the cadet program in June 2012, at first I thought I didn't get the chance for an interview, however CX gave me a call in Jan and arranged the Initial A interview on 21 Feb. I read the email and it says 2 parts will be taking part for Int A: Technical Multiple Choice questionnaire and a Compass aptitude test.

p.s I had no flying experience. I am a graduate from Biology major 2 years ago and have been working full time after graduation, have done nothing about aviation but have always got passion in it.

From my understanding on this thread, most people are saying, going through JKI booklet and some extra research will get you through the MC questionnaire. Correct? I also learnt from my research people are also saying that buying the book - "Pilots encyclopedia of aeronautical knowledge" will help me get through the basic knowledge about aviation. I just wonder if this book worth getting? Or are there any better materials you guys can suggest?

About the compass test, i just came across this website: Advanced Compass and Pilot Aptitude tests.-Latest Pilot Jobs
Is this really the CX compass test is all about? Because I have no idea what the compass aptitude test is. Is this the right website for me to subscribe to and practice from? Because I don't want to get on the wrong track by studying the wrong materials.

Sorry for the long post but I want to be more prepare for this interview since I guess I am kinda lucky to score my chance and I should do whatever possible to grab it.
I hope you guess can help me out!
Thanks
Vernon