PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unintentional XC
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2013, 07:37
foxmoth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think those that are saying the manufacturers are right in accepting low crosswind values are wrong,
Clearly you have no idea what the Demonstrated X-Wind means. Would you like them to certify it on everyday of the week because you didn't think Thursday was sufficient?
if Thursday was a completely calm day with temperatures at -10 then they should certainly be certifying it on other days, it is SENSIBLE figures they should be aiming at, values given should at least be a guide and I would be very surprised if during the certification there not opportunities to demonstrate crosswinds greater than 12kts, whilst it would not be the ONLY factor in buying an aircraft, if I was buying I would be questioning why such a low figure and wondering just how strong the undercarriage is. The Bulldogs at 35kts is higher than really needed and I would not suggest that manufacturers should go out of their way to get high figures, but realistic ones should be achieved, 20 probably being one that should be easily managed in the time available.