PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2013, 07:00
mutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope it is not a wild goose chase
They are advertising for B744 Captains for the first time, so it shouldn't be a wild goose chase, however,

possible direct entry B747-4
to me, direct entry means that you are qualified with hours, show up, do a shortened course and are released to fly the aircraft. However around here that gets lost in the translation, there is absolutely no difference in the training between a qualified B744 driver and a non qualified one. You have to obtain a GACA licence rather than obtain a validation on your present licence. So bring a big big big bag of patience.

Manfromthenorth, there are 2 expats presently flying the B744, the others have retired, in some cases they were in Jeddah for nigh on 40 years, so it cant be all bad Because life on each fleet is different, it will be impractical for anyone who isnt flying the B744 to answer your question.

BTW, if you mean "single", you will have a great time, if you mean "geographically single" then it wont be easy.

They presently operate 4 B744's that only do routes to Manila and Colombo, with the usual domestic, gulf return trips. Gone are the days when Manila was a 8-10 day trip. The Cargo division will take delivery of 2 B748-F's in a few months, with a RUMOR that the airline will also take them, so this fleet could become fun or if it doesn't expand, it could be extremely boring.

Mutt