PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA Grounds 787s
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2013, 04:30
rottenray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Time for a big-ass sanity check here, folks.

NiCd replacement - won't happen unless someone carves 2 extra cubic feet of available space in the EE bays.

Grounded until next year... Boeing fanboys didn't wish this sort of calamity on Airbus, even when the A380 SHED PARTS during her high speed test. Nor did GE engine fetishists wish doom and gloom on Rolls-Royce when an RR Trent blew into pieces on the wing of QF32.

I've read these fora diligently, trying to learn - and found that I have learned more from common media than I have here.

Mainly due to the simple fact that common media is predictable - the posters and posers here are not.

Seriously:

"Those wires are too small to balance a charge current!!" even though the balancing takes less than 5 amps the the "small" wires are 18 ga.

"The cells are actually 6 cells because NO CELL COULD EVER DELIVER 65 AH!" - Really? Look under the hood/bonnet of your freakin' car.

and on and on and on.

What a tribe!

Son, I am disappoint - this crowd has gone so far down hill since, I hate to say, AF447, that it's not even funny.

Boeing haters gonna hate. Dips with no knowledge whatsoever gonna spout. The few [smart] folks who work in the industry gonna try, for a while, to dispel ever-growing fallacy.

All the while, every idiot with a keyboard and an internet connection is going to keep cranking out his or her own version of how the 787 operates, how much electrical power it draws, how the batteries are used, and why the batteries failed. And how many batteries failed.

Along with wailing, gnashing of teeth, self-flagellation, and perhaps the odd suicide or two, based on how a well-executed safety action could potentially "ruin" an airframer which has helped write many of the safety certifications honored by ALL the other aviation authorities around the globe.

In the mean time, the media will keep fishing these waters and publish all the tripe that seems new - which only seems new because anyone held accountable for mouth or pen would NEVER dare to utter such BS.

Ignoring now, good luck with what I can only call one of the greatest examples of pure pilot / ramper / aficiando HUBRIS I have ever seen.

Nothing will ever top this, folks.

A few of you have been absolutely stellar in trying to de-mystify what's going on.

Most of you have been asses merely trying to prove how "smart" you are, while merely proving that you don't know soy from wheat.

And you wonder why people worry about WHO is flying the plane they bought a ticket on...