PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2013, 02:47
Mediums

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is my account of the Initial A testing that I took yesterday and recieved and email today that I did not meet standards, when asked what standards or which part I was told that unsuccessful applicants don't get reasons and I would best know my own ability. Anyways for those going soon for the tests here is some info:

Ab-initio program. Initial A
Multiple choice questions (50 questions, 45 mins to complete them, Pick between four choices A-D)

These questions were pretty simple and straight forward and very basic as long as you studied the JKI booklet and know a bit about Cathay Pacific such as aircraft etc you will do perfectly fine.

Compass Aptitude Test. (90mins to do 7 different exercises)
1. A test with a compass, RDI and artificial horizon and you have to locate the correct airplane between 4 of them.

2. Slalom using the joystick and moving the aircraft between the two lines, keep your hand very steady and move the joystick slowly.

3. Rudder/Joystick, you have to keep and control the needle via the joystick and keep it at a specific spot. While at the same time keeping the rudder ball below in the middle specific spot too.

4. You have to enter updated info into the autopilot such at altitude, heading, radio while keeping an eye on the top for a red light at the top right and left hand boxes and pressing thye numerical key corresponding to it.

5. Memory test, very easy and basic such as Altitude, radio, speed, heading.

6. Maths test, I found this incredibly difficult as time was not enough and I rushed through it.

7. Mix of technical and logic questions, multiple choice as well.

Thats all folks, sucks that I was not up to standard but I won't fall Ill keep trying and try getting my PPL here in HK first. Cheers!