PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criticism
Thread: Criticism
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2013, 22:53
POS_INT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intresting debate chaps!!

Sorry I may have to just set the record straight on a few things here

Firstly the op is making it sound like you can just "go out" and buy line training, this is not the case. it is not readily available any longer and no airline will let you touch there aircraft unless they are 110% satisfied your of good order.

Secondly from my knowledge no new CPL walks in to any jet or TP jobs until they have a lot of experince flying smaller planes in some capacity.

buying a SSTR is a very bad choice if you dont have a job lined up, when you make the transiation from a C172 to a medium transport category jet your asking for all kinds of problems, and to add to this once you have your TR you still know nothing about the aircraft, and I make no appoligy for being so frank.

training on small aircrafts and learning about aviation is a life long skill but its a real lotto and luck that will land you any kind of career.

Genuine fact for you guys, I keep in contact with most of my old fellow trainee's!! from about 20 pilots I have met going through the training phases I am the only one with a job.

everyone has worked hard, studied hard etc so why am I here and they are not? combination of luck, and making the right impression with the right people and having the correct attitude towards life.

as I said before...a CPL is a lotto ticket, lots of people buy them, only a few ever win