PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA PPL 2013
Thread: EASA PPL 2013
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2013, 22:29
hazell270

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA PPL 2013

Hi,

I have searched this site this evening and also the CAA website to try and answer my question. However my question is still unanswered so I thought I would post on here, as there must be someone in the same situation, and maybe someone knows the answer?

Due to my day job, I am intending to attend one of these courses where you complete all the PPL theory and exams in one week as I struggle for time to self study. I have already completed 16 hours flight training (in 2011) and want to complete my training to obtain and PPL this spring/summer.

So my question is this. Say I go on one of these courses (at significant cost!) that advertises 7 subjects, and complete the 7 current PPL exams. Would a pass in these 7 subject says in March/April 2013 enable me to obtain an EASA PPL (along with required hours, training and practical exam)? Or do you need to sit the new exams?

I am reading and hearing about the introduction of 9 exams. I hope if I sit the 7, this will still be sufficient to obtain a licence?

Thanks