PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Apprentice - Jet 2
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2013, 20:12
Anunaki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Narrow approach,I understand that,What I want it to point out is the fact that people with less than mine (f)ATPL and 250hrs are walking into the right hand seat of the likes of Easyjet's Airbuses as we speak,and thats acceptable,apparently they are ready...so why am I not?hence my comment regarding moving the goalposts.

Contact Approach,I hear what you say.Also,I don't feel like I deserve the instant gratification but you guys have to understand that one will do what its best for oneself.In my specific case,I have been unemployed for a while then back to cabin crew job,and now I have a chance to fly the ATR,so I will and I hope things get better back home in few years so I can come back with some experience under my belt.Not to drift further away from the topic,this is good for someone young and willing to do the office work,but I am sorry I also don't see it as an real apprenticeship but as an attempt to hire cheap office workers.
Also,like instructing,I think it is the sort of job that you need to enjoy doing it,something that you love.You'll always get the lad who cannot be bothered and it is only there because he was promised a Type rating,and that my compromise how the operation is ran I think,perhaps not the route to go.Don't know guys,just my humble opinion.
Good luck to anyone applying

Last edited by Anunaki; 5th Feb 2013 at 20:14.