PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Popham Break In
Thread: Popham Break In
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2013, 19:44
maxred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree. I posted this on another forum:-

There is a subtle difference between theft, and vandalism.I was a bit surprised when the Popham event seemed to have both. A large degree of damage, coupled with some theft.

The local ned who pitches up, due to boredom, lack of education, lack of parental love and attention.........

Well, they generally are just looking to damage something, vent anger etc. The well drilled break in, where theft is the number one strategy, involves a different class of species. These guys, are in general, co-ordinated, a level above the general ned, and know what they are about. The security issues will change somewhat, dependent on what the airfield suffers from.

Plod are next to useless, being reactive, instead of proactive. Sometimes a call to the local, Private Security Company, may deliver more in the way of protection, and may nip the offending 'people shaped things' in the bud, however, it is always just a PITA.

The Popham events, and I am in no way an expert, and far removed from it, does appear to be a case of someone upsetting someone else, and are now paying for it, unfortunately, the business owners and aircraft owners, that is.