PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Improving Direct Operating Cost (DOC) help please
Old 5th Feb 2013, 16:10
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
avionmc, thanks for the opinion, much appreciate it. WRT to EFBs I honestly think its rude not to include one. In the worst case scenario, an iPad can be considered a Class 2 EFB. Although I'm unsure if an iPad can be loaded with the required software for takeoff thrust calculations etc. Maybe it can? If not, I am keen on finding some affordable EFBs as it sounds like it's a pretty easy way to improve engine wear and tear, fuel burn and reduce weight.

With that said, I do very much appreciate the need for a new instrument panel. That King Air pit looks great, which brings me onto the next point where I'm struggling:

Is there a place online that I could find out some of the costs associated with these bits of equipment? i.e. new GPS, avionics suite, EFBs etc? Ideally I would also need to work out the depreciation cost and maintenance cost of the unit for DOCsys calculations. But even just the starting cost of buying one of these either new or 2nd hand would be great.

P.S. Whats the reason for having 2 (identical?) GPS units like in the King Air cockpit above?

And also, which GPS's support direct routing? All of them?

Last edited by Bearcat F8F; 5th Feb 2013 at 17:02.