PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Apprentice - Jet 2
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2013, 14:48
Anunaki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Making up the rules as they go along...

To be honest,I agree with Contact approach.Also, I find disheartening that someone who had to start from somewhere too,would call us "200hr heroes of today".
First,this is not an apprenticeship in any way.And 'CA',I think the point is written between the lines,they need people to cover ops jobs and whoever accepts this opportunity will be working to the bones,earning very little and doing whatever he/she is told to,because they don't want to miss the opportunity of a B737 type rating.How much does a fully qualified ops worker earn and how much does apprenticeships pays?And the people who comes up with this "fantastic" ideas are the hypocritical oldies who make up the rules as they go along,its a self full-filing prophecy.I am told that my 250hrs aren't good enough to join the likes of Easyjet for example,but yet,they hire MPL's who only touch an aircraft for the total of 85hrs,the remaining is simulator all the way,so apparently they are "better" prepared individuals...please don't tell me that this are management driven decisions as I am pretty sure the Captains of the industry were involved in this farce.Also,I wont Join BA as I didn't go to OAA even tho I have met many of their cadets who knew absolute nothing,they claim their training is the 'bees-kness'.And this Jet2 "opportunity" rules me out as I feel that I have been through this experience,I have a degree,work experience in the industry etc.,probably better suited for a youngster.
I see it as,they are moving the goalposts and because the country is in such a S situation,we just have to suck it up and accept it....!that's plain wrong!I wish good luck to everyone who applies tho.I have decided to leave the UK,as I am tired of being treated as second class citizen after working so hard to obtain my licences,the very few opportunities are going to the ones who have the ability to pay and not to the resilient ones.Funny that I will be flying in the most unlikely of places,Africa...200hr hero need to start form somewhere right?