PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Helicopter company
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2013, 14:43
fight of fantasy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Helicopter company

New helicopter company!
I have always had an interest in helicopters and now i have been left some money i am going to start small helicopter company in France. working in the alps. most of the people in the pub think its a good idea, one chap has just got his cpl on an R 22 so he is going to be chief pilot. we hope to do mountain rescue, lifting, and touring trips. as we don't have much money i am buying a hiller 12 it seen’s ok nice paint on it and its starts ok, guy selling it says it will lift anything we might come across. my mate Bill says we might need a twin! i do have a half brother so that will have to do. as for fuel when we are out on in the sticks i can fill my car with some old army jerry cans i have in the shed.. and we can strap on a 45 cal drun on the side of the helicopter. may have to take it off when we get up over 10.000 ft. helicopter sales chap says a hiller only needs a bit of a grease up now and then, so been to Halfords nice new grease gun and set of spanners so maintenance all sorted too. maps seem very expensive so i am getting a nav app for my iphone and to save money when we leave for the alps i will follow in the car to refuel alone the way. not sure the old jag will keep up with the hiller but he will have to wait in a field somewhere till i catch up ! we hope to leave in a few days so if anyone wants to hear how we get on i will update soon.