PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2013, 08:33
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your answer! Do you know if someone not speaking English as mothertongue has been admitted?
There have been lots of foreigners at the assessments however I have no idea if any of them made it into the final 80 last year.

Put it simply this way, if you can communicate, read and write on a decent level, there is little to separate you from anyone else other than perhaps an accent. Make sure you can do all the verbal reasoning tests that you can find online. There are plenty of native speakers who struggle with these tests as well.

Whats more concerning to me however, and this may sound a little silly, is that every time I hear British Airways pilots speak, they always seem to have a very clear English accent and always sound very well-spoken. This is in my experience only. I do hope that there are some which have other accents as otherwise that would put some of us like me, out of luck. As I said, I know this sounds silly so I do hope that they are quite open-minded about accents in the FPP selection, provided communication is clear and presentable.