PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hi-viz "approved" colors
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2013, 07:59
turbroprop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My company issues us with HI Viz Cold Weather clothing that meets all the British and EU standards. The colour of this clothing is orange, but there is a certain UK airport that insists we wear a yellow Hi Viz tabard over our clothing. Another mad one is MALMO. Many of the buildings are painted yellow and I have been pulled up for not wearing my yellow tabard whilst walking past these buildings. They have no answer when I say I have removed it so I can be seen. Also had fun at a hospital where they held a fire drill. Many of the staff whilst outside donned the hi-viz clothing, rightly so as they were near traffic etc. the manager organising the drill threw his teddy out of the cot because he insisted they remove the Hi-Viz so that people could see he was in charge. Although this is similar to BackPackers delema in this case all the staff knew he was in charge. During the de-brief they tried to point this out, but he was still sulking. The solution was for him to wear a specialy marked hat. He was happy with that idea until he saw what was written on the hat!