PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Apprentice - Jet 2
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2013, 04:42
Piloto2011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off, the ticket to commercial flying does not cost £100k. I repeat does not. If IR and MCC bit held back I claim it can be done for about £20-25k, £15k for IR and £2k for MCC. At least four years ago when I went through the process. MCC can be bypassed if 500 hours done with air taxi people. CAA will issue you with MCC thereupon.

The Jet2 Apprentice Scheme is worth considering for everyone with no light in sight. For everyone else it's not.

Everything a pilot really needs to know is, well, surprise, surprise, occurring in the air. Please don't tell me you'll have to work 18 month alongside groundcrew to understand their responsibilities. I value and honor their work but sorry I, as a pilot, need to fly as much as possible to become a safe operator.

In my book, this scheme is a brilliant idea to find highly motivated, at best intelligent to boot, people, to fill the positions of dispatcher, etc. No more, no less.

Best thing to do is, still, get ticket cheaply and hold cash back for first few years until your career has become self-sustained.

Then keep your logbook rolling, learn, and wait for your opportunity with Jet2 to arise: as direct entry pilot.

This career requires a huge deal of what many of today's generation no longer seem to possess: patience.