PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criticism
Thread: Criticism
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2013, 01:54
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
typhoonboy I hear you however seing so many youg individuals looking for short cuts is ennoying after a while and I don't post here anymore for this reason.

Most of you guys want to land a jet job as soon as possible without respect to aviation.

Your dream should be to fly a C172 (or the like) and be paid for that. Everything above is only a bonus: you are not "more" pilot because you change airplane. Instead you spend huge amount of money in useless CPLs (with ATPL written, wow! Impressed!). A basic CPL shouldn't cost that much, so you won't be that desperate to find a job that doesn't match your level of experience.

Most young people here make me think of a young woman who asks to marry you at the veru beginning of the first date.
Step by step. Maybe you won't like it, who knows. Learn your job from the biginning, respect your career and aviation. Respect your wallet.

Personaly I am completely fed up to hear desperate questions about how to get an Airbus or Boeing job immediately. I eventually landed one, but never asked how to get one, my only question I asked around was how to land my first (paid) job, which ever it is, whatever the airplane, wherever, and I got my answer. And most of the people asking this kind of question around them (not only on pprune...) usually get an answer. People now want glory only (if there is any). No need to give advices I was not even seeking myself when a bit younger. Many experienced pilots on pprune feel the same way and don't post here anymore.