PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA increasing ASIC fees from July 1 2013
Old 5th Feb 2013, 01:48
Old Fella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASIC Period of Validity

Those of us who happen to operate from rural airports which are serviced by RPT can see the unfairness in the whole ASIC. As has been mentioned the fact that RPT service dictates that ASIC is required is of itself a nonsense. The partial security fencing makes that nonsense even more farcical. In my own case I held, during my military service, a security clearance such as to be permitted to crew aircraft carrying the Queen of the Realm, Prime Minister and VIP's down the chain. My question has been, and still is, what have I done to have to undergo further investigation to allow me to hold an ASIC so that I can now operate a 'puddle jumper" from a regional airport as a PPL? If one is permitted to hold a valid aircrew licence and has been assessed as able to hold an ASIC it seems common sense to me that they should each be valid in perpetuity unless reason for suspension is found. Renewals of the ASIC, whether annually, at two, five or ten year periods is nothing more than revenue raising IMHO.