PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 4th Feb 2013, 22:53
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spike, interesting insight. It would seem CASA have really been concentrating on all those important things in life - business cards, fancy letters after ones name, not promoting any underling who is more qualified than the nimwits farther up the ladder. As for prioritising safety matters?? Hmmmm.
You are correct about the finger painting aspect. But that stopped a year or two ago after the old geriatrics hands cramped up with arthritis. Now they place a brush in their mouths and paint the canvass that way. It's quite effective and they are good at it because they are use to bobbing for apples .

As a sidepoont, EASA have released their 2013 - 2016 European Aviation Safety Plan, with SMS on its way. It certainly beats any folly that CASA has in play within its own structure (oh sorry, did I forget the SPM which is around 13 years in production) and it pi#ses over Albo's silly White Paper and any glossy spin documents the CASA Board has ever churned out. I simply can't imagine CASA with its own SMS, after all a SMS does incorporate accountability, which not surprisingly is not a CASA strong point. Perhaps CASA execs should shun Montreal as their choice of taxpayer funded holiday destination and head to Europe instead?

It is time for 'out with the old geezers, in with the new'.

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 4th Feb 2013 at 22:55.