PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Apprentice - Jet 2
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2013, 22:50
Contact Approach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NR,

You wouldn't be qualified, and that is my point. It is not an apprenticeship if you need already be qualified. I can't apply for this because I haven't got the professional qualifications necessary to apply (f-atpl), and there is no scheme in place to enable me to access funding to gain such qualifications:

Apprenticeship is a system of training a new generation of practitioners of a structured competency based set of skills. Apprenticeships ranged from craft occupations or trades to those seeking a professional license to practice in a regulated profession. Apprentices (or in early modern usage "prentices") or protégés build their careers from apprenticeships. Most of their training is done while working for an employer who helps the apprentices learn their trade or profession, in exchange for their continuing labor for an agreed period after they have achieved measurable competencies. For more advanced apprenticeships, theoretical education was also involved, with jobs and farming over a period of 4–6 years.
Apprenticeship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How is this a Pilot apprenticeship if the Pilot-training bit has already been achieved prior, and as such the very skills/training the apprenticeship offers has little to do with the profession it so states?

If it is a Pilot apprenticeship then the requirements should stand at academics, aptitude and motivation, surely?
The day-to-day work may still be the same - ops/planning/admin etc - with flight training incorporated; the goal being a route into the RHS after X months/years. Hence, a Pilot Apprenticeship.

I ask again: what is the point?

Last edited by Contact Approach; 4th Feb 2013 at 23:06.