PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus ever going to launch a real 757/ 762/ A300 Replacement? Airbus A322 ?
Old 4th Feb 2013, 09:50
USMCProbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is not quite that simple. Early 321's were very power limited. Over time they came up with higher thrust versions. Many airlines (mine included) only pay for what they need. I.E. if they don't need the full thrust, or the highest MTOW,

You can now purchase 321's with much more powerful engines, IF YOU WANT AND NEED it.

Most take offs with commercial aircraft also take off with a reduced thrust setting. The lowest permitted actually.

You really can't watch two aircraft take off from the same runway and infer anything. Too many variables.

Both 321's and 900er's are ground loving machines. Lousy for hot and high. 737's are currently absolutely limited by engine thrust. They use CFM only, and the highest thrust is 28k pounds of thrust on the 737 version of the CFM engine. 28.4 I believe.

900er's have better range. I know what Airbus's website claims about the 321's range. ER's go farther, with more payload.