PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Warbirds
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2013, 09:44
CrushDepth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With respect Mr CreamPuff, I am a Director 3 times over at the moment! So I have some understanding of the Corporations Act and what it means to navigate an organisation in accordance with it.... Not that I am an expert by any means, and I am always keen to learn more...

I think we'll find that there is no substantiation for 'AWAL being in breach of the Corporations Act' as a reason for the President commencing this lobbying exercise....and the Court Ruling everyone is referring to is a different matter...he states it was about getting access to the Membership List...after the convened AGM. (Which is months later than he claimed he 'realised' the organisation was in breach of the law).

I agree with Kharon. What is sure is that this public foray does not give the Regulator a very good view of AWAL, which is the real concern. I personally have recently heard CASA describe AWAL as the 'model of Self - Administration', will they think the same thing after all this?

And in any respect, whether or not a meeting held with the intention of allowing members to interact with CASA and learn about new legislation is entirely in accordance with a constitution and therefore 'illegal' is irrelevant. It would only be deemed 'illegal' if someone were to make an issue of it, and who would do so if they were truly acting in the interest of the members and AWAL?

I don't think I've got anything else to say on this matter, I'm pretty sure I know what is going on, and my feeling is (based on the number of people I've spoken to) that most people are intelligent enough to see through the spin that is being thrown around the membership!