PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Warbirds
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2013, 02:23
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
These guys are out of my league. However, something doesn't gel. Take a ground up restoration of a typical warbird, I have now watched no less than three from what I would have called scrap to flying status...cubic dollars! The owners spare no expense in the restorations to museum quality!

Why would these people worry about, effectively, the cost of a newspaper?

On theface of it, Experimental as opposed to Limited. The goal is limited but these aircraft end up as experimental..?, Something doesn't gel!

There is something else happening here, it is not money. Either AWAL is dicking around with the paperwork or an individual is dicking around. This thing with the CASA smells like a turd wrapped up in silk. Someone on the AWAL board better have a real look otherwise there will be warbirds grounded everywhere. The CASA is not interested in making things easier, they are after something else. No volunteers means a lot of the real expertise will be forbidden from helping out. There is guy I know that is very retired yet is instrumental in amassing theknowledge needed to ressurect Gobblin engines because he built the things when they were new. Under the new rules he will no longer be able to help or even touch them. No AMEs only LAMES or is that B2B3...with school learned experience on engines and systems that predate their dads let alone the lecturers...

What is wrong with this and I am very wary isthe two posters arguing the case against. Leadie and T28D, you two have history that makes it hard to see which path is the right one. What I have seen backs up your argument but there has to be more to this than arguing about a regulation that hasn't made it to NPRM stage.

Very much on the sidelines but...my opinion. Something doesn't look right. It isn't the cost of registration, It is the process that needs looking at.