PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 4th Feb 2013, 01:41
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kharon,
That seems like an odd process, for an Inspector to issue a NCN yet someone else puts their signature on it? Is that legal? How and why would somebody else sign it? Does that comply with CASA's SPM? I wonder what the Operators think of this?

Stan, good news.
Hopefully CASA will provide the Senators with a specific date for the release of the new regs?
Hopefully CASA will provide the Senators with clear and precise answers and where necessary the evidence to ALL questions that have been 'taken on notice' over the past 14 months?

PAIN,
Some robust reading indeed. I am sure that FF legal team will be busy scurrying through all this and burning the midnight candle?

Senators,
You would by now be painfully aware by way of submissions, interviews and ongoing discussions that the CASA, ATSB and ASA are in a parlours state of disrepair. The heads of the snakes need removing. The sheer scale of risk that the industry is exposed to by the actions and inactions of the over sighting bodies is beyond words and comprehension. You are intelligent men well versed in the politics, spin and deflection trotted out during inquiries of this nature. But so are many others, aware of the state of play within Australian aviation safety. The more that eeks out and the more that people are not held to account means the more unsettled industry becomes and the more accountable individuals in government shod become for choosing to turn a blind eye and ignore the warnings. The facts have been well and truly exposed, are those in power still prepared to sit on their fat a#ses and play ignorant?