PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Arann
Thread: Aer Arann
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2013, 20:08
bananamanuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aer Arann aircraft ownership

Re: a previous comment above about the cost of leasing aircraft to Aer Arann..

According to a few sources, last updated 29 Jan 2013 Aer Arann currently use the following aircraft
EI-EHH ATR42
EI-REI ATR72-201
EI-REH ATR72-201
EI-REL - ATR72-212A
EI-REM - ATR72-212A
EI-REO - ATR72-212A
EI-REP - ATR72-212A

All of these aircraft are listed as owned by COMHFHORBAIRT (GAILLIMH) which trades as Aer Arann.

It would therefore be interesting to learn if Stobart Air have now taken over Aer Arann, what exactly do they own, e.g. did they buy COMHFHORBAIRT (GAILLIMH) and those aircraft etc on the books.

This leaves
EI-BYO - leased from Nordic Aviation Capital
EI-CBK
EL-SLL - Air Contractors
EL-SLN - Air Contractors

I could understand the leases on the aircraft from Nordic & Air Contractors being higher than an effectively 'in house' leasing arrangement between COMHFHORBAIRT (GAILLIMH) and Aer Arann..

If the ATR72-212A's are indeed the first ones to be replaced, that either suggests that Stobart no longer want to exercise the leases with COMHFHORBAIRT (GAILLIMH) for them, so that this company may lease them to other airlines,

or
Stobart in their takeover of Aer Arann now own COMHFHORBAIRT (GAILLIMH) and therefore own the aircraft and wish to sell them as part financing of the newer aircraft

or
the aircraft are staying, that the new ATR72-600s are actually capacity increases rather than like for like replacements, or just replacing the aircraft on leases from Air Contractors and Nordic Capital.

I don't know any answers to any of this, however I thought it was worthwhile adding this bit of research to the debate. It will therefore be interesting to see exactly what Stobart have planned for Aer Arann, exactly what they own i.e which bits of the Aer Arann business did they ultimately purchase to give them the operating rights of the airline. As with many businesses, Aer Arann was a sum of a number of operating companies from what I could determine, and that was highlighted in the examinership process previously as a number of companies were listed as going through that process.

Sources; Aircraft Register Owner Search | Flying In Ireland Magazine)
RegoSearch | EI-REP Irish Aircraft Registration Details
RegoSearch | EI-BYO Irish Aircraft Registration Details