PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter - v - crane LONDON
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2013, 14:47
sarboy w****r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hurray!!!! Someone is actually reading what I have written.

Some people think the customer's message completely removed commercial pressure.
Now, please would you mind reading my posts 742 and 771? Go on, please humour me.

Having done that, please answer the question posed in 771 (it's highly relevant and important):

I'd love to spell it out better but I cannot. Read post 742 as to why.

How does one prove that something actually took place? You need an independent witness(es) or some form of independent corroboration.

For the sake of argument, let's define independent as meaning free from self-interest and being completely unconnected with and unconcerned by the outcome of the attempted proof.

For example, weather? Yep, corroborated by independent METARs, photographic evidence, multiple witnesses at the scene. (I suppose, philosophically speaking, we cannot state categorically exactly what the weather was at the exact time of the incident at the exact spot where the impact occurred [in 3D space] but we can get pretty damn close).

What other elements of the AAIB initial report are being taken in this thread to be statements of incontrovertible fact when in fact they are not?