PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian PPL School
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2013, 13:06
awqward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awqward.....I can't see anywhere I have put Australia down in my post

Stone the Crows Tossas (or should that be Port? )...I was referring to Pontius...and the fact that he was even more derisive of Australian bureaucracy than I had been in a previous thread in which you accused me of being a disgruntled foreigner! I do not disagree or have any issues with either yours or Pontius' views on the subject below...(or walkindude or tecman for that matter!).....

And I should add that I greatly admire Greg's determination and tenacity....and I think Tecman has a good point....casual work in WA is probably easier as a result of the mining boom

I might also add that my 17yo son has flying aspirations and has logged ca. 12 hours here in Aberdeen....he is leaving to go to Sydney in a month with the aim of casual work and continuing his flying. He has the advantage of an Aussie passport (in that he is not restricted to casual work) but the disadvantage of not being18...I have tried to convince him to go to Perth but is keener on Sydney (perhaps more inspired by his Sydney based QF 747 Capt uncle)....he has family in both places....but he could certainly take a leaf out of Greg's book....my wife and I are doing the legwork for our son....Greg is clearly ver motivated and has the right attitude to make it in aviation

AQ

Last edited by awqward; 3rd Feb 2013 at 13:43.