PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie MRH-90
Thread: Aussie MRH-90
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2013, 12:29
Ian Corrigible

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TBM-Legend
So how many MRH-90's have been actually delivered by the end of 2012 to the Army?
Reportedly 19.

Originally Posted by ARRAKIS
correct me if I'm wrong, but Italian NH90's in A'stan are powered by T700-T6E1, which are not the best performer in hot&high conditions
If the T6E1 really is delivering 100 shp over spec its performance will match that of the RTM322-01/9. Not as good as the CT7-8F5 in Spanish aircraft or the 01/9As in Omani, but better than previous gen types.

Another question are windshield cracks and floor problems
Windshield cracking seems to be a common issue with European models (AW139, EC130, etc.). Talking with a former program manager in Cascina Costa late last year the cabin floor issue turns out to be a superficial cracking/scuffing issue, nothing more. Maybe an operator on here can confirm? Interesting also that the tire degredation issue is raised (again in common with the AW139). This issue was also reported on the MRH-90 fleet last year.

The entire article sounds a little bit like "we are are happy, but don't buy". Anything to do with some tenders?
Didn't get that sense from the report. Just a matter of fact field report from a operator rather than another marketing spiel from a sales guy.

I/C