PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Toxic Cabin Air/Aerotoxic Syndrome
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2013, 10:58
Three Miles Out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A concerned business friend frequent flyer of mine rang me (a bit too early) this morning to inform me that the story is again front page of the Sunday Express:

Toxic air plane crash warning | UK | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

What I would like to know, is how can BALPA go from this position in 2005 following a BALPA conference examining all the facts :

to a position of denial of a problem?

What odds would I get at William Hill on these 5 possibilities:

1. Final indexed linked salary pension scheme for their General Secretary, so why rock the boat?

2. BALPA new Head of Flight Safety is the former Head Doctor at the CAA?

3. BALPA losing too many members to the new Virgin Pilot union Home so best not upset industry?

4. BALPA frightened the families of one of the deceased will sue BALPA for their failure to see their members properly protected in the work place?

5. or this one that came from a BA CSD who says she overheard some BA union reps saying BALPA were financially in the poo house as they had paid 3 million in an out of court settlement to BA last year linked to an Open Skies Watergate cover-up.

Perhaps I need to go back to flying fast jet in the military at least we had oxygen masks