PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2013, 10:06
IFRKING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow BA FPP security Bond?

Hello guys and gals!

I'm finishing my A-levels this June and have a few questions.
I'm age 18 and certainly don't have 80 odd grand to fork out of my pocket. The highest my parents could offer me was £30K and obviously isn't enough for a full frozen ATPL.

As I was reading through BA's FPP website, they mentioned that you'll require to deposit a security bond before you commence training.
Now this is where my problem starts..... My parents don't own a property nor do they own a vehicle which is worth £80k+ . (Correct me if I'm wrong) So this FPP programme obviously wasn't designed for me.

I then later on came across CTC Wings cadet programme and unsurprisingly also require a security bond. I am aware of the Modular course BUT!, the chances of getting a job are extremely slim! I know 3 lads that have been unemployed 2+ years (and still are) with a 5 digit debt.

I was wondering if there are any sort of cadet schemes similar to this FPP where at least you have a decent chance of getting a job and don't require a security bond such as a property?
I would have thought to pay back the debt once I starting working with the airline that would sponsor me cadet scheme.
Honestly, I'd be more than happy to offer them my £30K as a security bond but I guess that sounds unacceptable from their point of view.

Last edited by IFRKING; 3rd Feb 2013 at 11:38.