PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 missed approach from above missed approach alt
Old 3rd Feb 2013, 07:42
I-2021

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just fly the f**king airplane to 2,000 ft. as the go around requires. It is not rocket science. LAX for example won't let you exceed 2,000 feet until over the ocean because of the VFR corridor. Getting checked out as FO in the B767 had a checkairman so screwed up I made him reduce to idle and descend back to 2,000 ft because he had busted the 2,000 ft altitude and was exceeding 300 knots at 2300 ft.

Smetimes line pilots can fly a lot better than check airmen. This wasn't the only time, it happened multiple times. We do it every sequence, the check pilots with no more experience than us but don't fly much sometimes get caught in a corner .
Hi bubbers,

in this thread we are dealing with a type specific feature involving a scenario that is not frequent and that can create some confusion due to type specific automation features. One of the golden rules of Airbus is to take over when things don't work as expected, therefore your inputs are partially correct, but we are just trying to focus on the type specific technical aspect.