PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 23:12
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point, dear sir, is that the way Qantas management has behaved since Dixon took over is disgusting becausde it demonstrates, if only a tenth of the allegations in Pprune are true, a calculated and deliberate cruelty to its staff that I have not witnessed elsewhere, and it seems to be deliberately inflicted for the pleasure of Qantas management and if it was possible, then management should be punished acccordingly.

They have obviousy succeeded in breaking your spirit and you will submit meekly to their tender ministrations until it is your turn for their chopping block.
There is absolutely no argument there about the behaviour of QF management. I never said otherwise. My spirit dear sir is far from broken.

I can tell you a little secret about some of those engineers that you described in your previous post. Some of that is actually true. There are some damned lazy and overpaid engineers that think the company will stop operating without them, and they make it known. These are the very engineers that will use the union to their benefit to save their sorry hides, but in the face of management do what they're asked, because quite frankly, they know once they're out the door, they will never hold that position of "supremacy" outside the doors of QANTAS.

I do my job the way I know best. If that's capitulating to management's whims, then so be it. There have been some previous union members that fought the company in the past, and when offered a tasty carrot, took it and then hammered their former members. History has a long tale about these types of guys.

It also seems that if one has a differing opinion to others, they are an outcast and traitor, or simply weak. I guess it follows the words of Dubya Bush "You're either with us, or against us". I choose to not have blind faith or simply follow the rest of the herd.

To put that yet another way, the world has asked time and again why the Jews of Germany went meekly to the gas chambers. Why didn't they resist? The answer is because they behaved exactly like you. At least your Federal Secretary is putting up a fight on your behalf.
Sunfish, that's a bit on the dramatic side isn't it? Again, I'm not going to be drawn into your quote above, as it's off-track and quite frankly an inappropriate comparison, but a lot of those that went, in your words, "meekly" to the chambers did so with a rifle to their backs surrounded by many soldiers. That's another discussion for another day.

As you would know, corporate cruelty is not only exclusive to QANTAS, but you seemed to have changed tack about employees and QANTAS as a business. You support the demise of QANTAS and glad to see the back of it, on a number of your posts and now you allegedly support fedsec and say he's fighting the fight for the worker. There's much talk but no action. Why? Because you need a green light from FWA to take action. That won't be coming any time soon, redundancies or not.

The days of unions having any real say in QANTAS are finished. Current Labor government and FWA have made sure of that. I've been in QANTAS long enough to know that it is just a brand name now. Nothing more. Any legacy it once had is no more.