PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 19:54
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Qf94, yours is the counsel of despair. It is unhelpful in the extreme.

Let me make myself clear. Management has the right to manage. In addition, for all I know Qantas engineers may be the laziest, most over paid, work shy, ignorant excuses for workers in the known universe. However that is not the point.

The point, dear sir, is that the way Qantas management has behaved since Dixon took over is disgusting becausde it demonstrates, if only a tenth of the allegations in Pprune are true, a calculated and deliberate cruelty to its staff that I have not witnessed elsewhere, and it seems to be deliberately inflicted for the pleasure of Qantas management and if it was possible, then management should be punished acccordingly.

They have obviousy succeeded in breaking your spirit and you will submit meekly to their tender ministrations until it is your turn for their chopping block.

To put that yet another way, the world has asked time and again why the Jews of Germany went meekly to the gas chambers. Why didn't they resist? The answer is because they behaved exactly like you. At least your Federal Secretary is putting up a fight on your behalf.

And when I talk about corporate cruelty, I've seen quite a bit - such as sacking the lowest performing Ten percent of call centre operators each month and the lowest perfoming salesman every month, but at least those practices were quite plainly linked to the profitability of the enterprise. The Qantas brand of cruelty is NOT linked to profitability and shareholder value by any mechanism I can fathom, instead it appears to be driven by narcissism. Thats my point.