PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus aircraft sidestick target on PFD
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 18:08
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris Scott
Yes. One of the commonest handling mistakes I saw - often from the P3 seat on line-checks - was the upwind wing rising during rotation. The theory in the early days on the A320 was that Roll Normal would prevent that happening, but it quickly became apparent to me that this was not the case. The wing would rise immediately rotation was started, before main L/G lift-off (as you would expect). However, many of our trainers clung on to their assumption in the face of all the evidence...
But Roll Normal is not fully active before 2 sec after attitude is over 8 deg. Until that time the roll is still under Ground Mode when aileron deflection is proportional to Sidestick deflection. As you state, pilot's action is necessary to prevent the upwind wing to rise during rotation.

Originally Posted by RWU
Would not be the first time I have had to takeover during rotate as the f/o has full back stick. If I waited till airborne (ie not monitor the cross) it would be too late.
The rule seems to be now that the white cross disappears when the Nose Landing Gear is fully extended. Are your aircrafts still displaying the white cross up to the Main Landing Gear extension ?