PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva Air, Taiwan
Thread: Eva Air, Taiwan
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 12:08
terd_ferguson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Mechanic, have you worked at Eva? Did the people you know who got jobs in those places maybe already have a type rating from a previous job that they used to get the next job after Eva (either the same type they were on at Eva or a different one)?

As examples, I know that if you were on the 747 at Eva and wanted to apply for a job at Nippon Cargo, your 747 rating on your Taiwanese licence wouldn't be accepted - it must be on an ICAO licence. I know this from asking the question to an agency. Also for the Norwegian 787 job, you must have a Boeing type-rating on a European JAA/EASA licence (a bit more specific than an ICAO licence, I know). This is also information I got from an agency handling that contract. However, do you know if the rating could be put on an EASA licence?.. or any other licence for that matter, such as an Australian or FAA licence. You say that the Taiwanese type rating is accepted but I'm interested to know a few specifics if you have them.

So, as far as you know, if you have an A330 rating on a Taiwanese licence, and you applied for a job with Vietnam Airlines through Parc or Rishworth, what is the process? Would you need to transfer the rating to your existing licence or would you convert to a Vietnamese licence and have the type rating put on that licence without any problems? (I'm not sure if in Vietnam you get a validation based on your existing licence or convert to a Vietnamese licence).

This is something that would put me off applying but I don't know how big a problem the non-ICAO issue is.

Thanks for any info.