PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Surface failures above V1
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2003, 01:35
Sheep Guts
Props are for boats!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not Type Rated above 12,500LBS. So please dont scrutinise my logic. My question is what does the QRH or Manual Say, secondly what does your company SOPS say?

I wouldnt have a clue. But if it happened to me in any aircraft even the Twotter I fly, I would abort 99.9% of the time. The .1% that I wouldnt would be if you obviously didnt have any announciator, or indication of the fault until well passed rotaion and or lift off. Then you are up to it litterally and you and your entire Crew would battle the problem until undercontrol, or God forbid otherwise the opposite occurs.

Also runway length would in away still be in the back of mind no matter how hard and fast OUR SOPS and DRILLS are. If your rolling Down a Runway in the 10,000FT PLUS category in any piece of Big Iron, I would suggest staying with Terra Firma. Thats a guess by the way, as I am still learn the ropes of Big Iron flying.

Ofcourse in an Otter on 10,000ft I could hit V1/VR V2 and Vref Flap 20 stop and goes thru 4 complete cycles, before running out of strip. So in a Twotter I would abort. Irrelevant I know.

Do Sim instructors train for this scenario ( loss of control after V1 )much? I put this question to all reading this thread.

Regards
Sheep