PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving to the USA
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2013, 22:18
HJones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US imigration!

Hi,

I went through the hideous process back in 2002 after I left the RAf. I ended up getting married! - It was still a long drawn out process, but by far the easiest method of getting into the US.

I am also a Welshman, however I now hold a US passport (as of 3 years ago). A friend tried to move over on the business license, but failed dismally even after he bought a flatering business for over 50K$ ! He couldnt get permission to stay for more than 90 days! - It is real madness !

I am currently persuing my PPl here, when funds permit!

Have you thought about approaching one of the flight schools over here? Maybe you can broker a deal for sponsorship especially with the Farsi!

We have an ANA training facility near me, - Bakersfield, CA , or I beleive a lot of the big boys have schools. Perhaps you could use the European angle as experience to get sponsored. Or perhaps the CAA / FAA courses that some schools offer. You would be tied to them for a number of years with the sponsorship, but perhaps that would help .

There are a few UAV/UAS jobs being advertised here at the moment also - check Lockheed Martin etc.

Good luck !
Hugh