PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackbird's thrust question
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2013, 22:05
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
peter thanks for your time...

this: "Quote: when he claimed cooling instead of heating"

is an interpretation of his text where he claims the bleed air, being cooler, serves to cool the nozzle liner, and the afterburner section.

So I will go in to the patent, and locate by page and paragraph this part of the text.

I am using a google page of the original, it is an archaic font and jumps around when I sweep my screen.

My understanding of the device is that it is at least twofold, serving to "unchoke" the compressor, by relieving the compressor of the "block" and reduced compressor created temps. That is as far as I have gotten.

So you know, it is from that "understanding" that I derive an opinion, so both may easily be incorrect.

I'll be back, thanks for your help.

Also, having written patent language, for myself, (with my Attorneys) I am thankful for TurbineD's caution that Patent domain is tricky, one must explain enough to differentiate one's work from other similar work (known as prior art),
to prove "novelty", yet refrain from divulging data that makes one's proposal too "complete". Mystery is important. That is why Abernethy chose his title carefully.

Had he chosen "Ramjet Engine", he is open to rejection since it is not actually a Ramjet engne, and "Partial Ramjet" may not satisfy "novelty".

Also, as explained to me by my Attorney, a patent does NOT have to function to qualify for protection....or be in any way useful.