PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2013, 16:32
Postman Plod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captivep - I can't quite remember exactly where I read it, however it's mentioned in more than one of the number of books I've got on the conflict, including accounts of exactly this from the Argentine and islanders point of view.

I remember reading about an account of an incident in 1966 where a hijacked Argentine airliner (crash)landed on Stanley Racecourse in a Peronist attempt to liberate the islands. The language used in this report probably tells you all you need to know about what many Argentine fundamentalists believe.
Argentina celebrates 45 years of the

I understand that the Argentine education system actively promoted (maybe still does promote?) a highly propagandist (sic?) view of the wider dispute, including the fact that the population are subservient, under the cosh of the British government and desperate for to be liberated from the oppressors. I can't think of anything funnier given what I've witnessed of the Islanders views!

Keesje, yes, we have pictures of David Cameron shaking hands with Obama too. Not sure what you're trying to prove...

As for Hull, can't we give that to Argentina?

Last edited by Postman Plod; 1st Feb 2013 at 16:36.